A quick look at things and happenings in my life, in my art, with my family. Enjoy!

Saturday, June 10, 2006







So, since most of you are…well, okay, both of you (hi mom, hi sis) know what has happened to my family in the last month, I won’t go into details. Suffice it to say D-man and I got to go on an unexpected trip to Paris. The above sketches show some of what we experienced. While the first half was scary, unsure, anxiety ridden, hospital overload…the second half of the week was the Pi not allowed to fly, and us stuck in Paris. What a place to be stuck. We made the best of it. We are planning on visiting Paris on our way home so Dunc and I just didn’t want to do all the things we would be doing with Daddy and J-Bear. Instead, we figured out the metro (easy!), ate lots of good food, fed lots of birds, and enjoyed the café scene.

Actually, the end of school has come upon us, and as we say farewell to all those wonderful friends we have made here, we get ready to embark on yet another adventure. A little time in Paris again, then another surgery for Pi’s arm. We will then be traveling onto the NW, while K gets ready to head off to Hawaii again. J and D are coming with me to Hawaii to meet Dad’s boat as he lands. Then, before we come back to Lagos for one last final year, we will stop off in Firenza for a week to recharge our batteries for that long hard Nigerian winter.

I am not sure how much I can post this summer, depends on family and their willingness to let me use their computer. If not…then a fond farewell till fall.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I daily check your BLOG, SKYPE and any recent e-mail messages from you, I had just about given up the search today asd this is the date of your departure! REWARD of my search! Although the sketch of the Pi was what I had longed to see and had been imagining in my mind, it is still a little unsetling to actually "see" what you were observing in those long hours at the hospital! ...but that said, How I LOVED all the sketches you did! I am just longing for more of the same! Your line quality has gotten better but still very recognizable of the "style of Jena" Do you think it was the water in Paris? Kudos to you for ending the year with such a wonderful last page. I am counting the hours until we see all of your wonderful smiles. Safe trip and flight. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

What a treat to see an update on your blog - great sketches!!! I love the rooftops!

Anonymous said...

Jena, I really wish I had your talent. What a fabulous record of your life you have created. I hope all is well with Duncan I look foward to seeing you soon, perhaps at the pool again?

Linda

Anonymous said...

Jena, I really wish I had your talent. What a fabulous record of your life you have created. I hope all is well with Duncan and I'm looking foward to seeing you soon, perhaps at the pool again?

Linda

Anonymous said...

Jena
I love the blog, and the drawings in this last post are stunning, especially Duncan in bed. I look forward to when you post again.

Barbara

genderist said...

Those are some beautiful sketches! I'm jealous of your Paris adventure.

Barbara said...

Jena,
I love following your adventures, and the darwings in the latest post are stunning. I look forward to what comes next.