A quick look at things and happenings in my life, in my art, with my family. Enjoy!

Monday, September 29, 2008


Last night K and I had a wonderful dinner at Woody's on the Water. Yummy food (lamb was amazing!) and the server had a nice sense of humor (after a little political joke here and there from hubby).

There was some live jazz playing which was a great added bonus, the hostess asked if we wanted to sit in the room with the band (we arrived a few minutes before they came to set up) and anticipating a loud band, we chose a room away from the band. We didn't need to, the band was a nice, mellow jazzy duo just setting the mood perfectly.

Afterward we went to The Grand Cinema just up from my studio...and saw the show Choke. Yeah, and I almost did. not so much into this movie...there were some funny parts to it, like when the "hero" has gone on a date with a woman who wants him to pretend to be raping her...and it is funny...but past that I found it hard to identify or really even care about this guy, and his wasted messed up life. Whatever. I wish I liked it more, K thought it was very funny, and that, I wish I could have shared with him.

No comments: