A quick look at things and happenings in my life, in my art, with my family. Enjoy!

Monday, March 06, 2006

For some reason this Monday I am in a funk. Could be lots of things. I would rather not dwell on it as if you keep dwelling on bad things...they just keep in the forefront of your mind right? I have my mother's voice in my head, chastising us (us, anyone in the family that is) for pointing out the garbage pit, the homeless man, the broken down crap on the side of the road. She would say, "stop pointing that out, and look at the bright side of life". Okay, so I am going to try. Yeah, gonna try and not look at the floors which seem to move with life, so many ants. Don’t notice the smell of burning garbage. Don’t notice that you spend your whole day with other peoples kids, so exhausting, so that you seem not to have any energy for your own precious children.

Instead notice how the palm trees blow with the changing weather. How those silly little lizards do push-ups in the hot sand. How lucky you are to be counting down the days till you experience Provence and the Cote d’Azur. Inspiration for so many artists, Cezanne, van Gogh. Yes, I am blessed. I know that I am blessed. I think I need to go find my paper and pens now and start drawing. Yet something else to be thankful for.

No comments: